Thursday, June 17, 2010

More space in Democrat's tiny tent as switchers head to MSGOP

At least those Democrats still inside the tiny tent have more space to move around now.

Three more elected Democrats have joined the GOP: #11, #12, #13 – Three more Mississippi Dems switch to GOP (hattip Right of Mississippi)

One of the switchers, Supervisor Randy Dyess, told the Marion County Informer:
“I don’t feel like I left the party; I feel like it left me,” referring to recent national issues he disagrees with including health care and cap-and-trade. “I just can’t support some of the national policies,” Dyess said.

He said his decision to switch parties is not solely based on President Obama but more so on Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and Democrat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and the “party as whole.”

He noted that taxpayers are going to have to foot the bill for the programs advocated by the Democrats. “I don’t like the direction the country is going in,” said Dyess. “Somebody’s got to pay for these projects.”

No comments: